6.22.2010

vienna (before sunrise)


From brief Berlin I was tossed unknowingly into a tornado of dancing and carousing in Vienna. A 10 hour train ride from Berlin, I was lucky to find myself a spot in the only air conditioned car speeding through a rebuilt Dresden; along the northern Czech Republic’s cliff-lined rivers; in and out of Prague’s gothic sprawl, Austrian countryside and steaming into Vienna around 10. (Un?) Fortunately I did not meet a 1995 Ethan Hawke on the train and I exited on my own accord. I was exhausted (funny how just sitting is often more tiring than actually moving) and smelly but seeing Teresa on her home turf got all me riled up. I changed into "party mode" and crammed my bags into a locker in the Praterstern station. We navigated through the Prater, Vienna’s inner-city amusement park, high on our reunion, the neon lights, the rides’ pounding electro punctuated by rounds of screams from swirling teenagers.







At the Pratersauna, an old sauna/swimming pool/venue in the park, we met Mario and other friends for a Vice-sponsored fashion party (two Vice parties in one trip? ew!). Lots of lookers (Vienna is great for that!) and fashion-types lounging on the grass around a pool with projected slideshows of local fashion photographers and designers played on a loop in the background. A photo booth!!! Around 2 the real music finally kicked in and we cut rugs HARD until the sun came up. We took the subway home with the work-bound and two poor stragglers still wearing togas.............................



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails