2.20.2010

RIP FISHY



in april 1993, i won a goldfish at a carnival in muncie, indiana. i tossed a ping pong ball into his bowl and he and a friend came with us back to chicago. his friend survived an astoundingly long time- about two years after the carnival. each year after that, we kind of expected fishy to meet the same watery fate....but to no avail! he was with us through our schooldays, bar and bat mitzvahs, divorce, first boyfriends and girlfriends and breakups, made it through my move to college, to germany, to san francisco, and i even got to see him while i was home for the holidays.

fishy passed away this past month at the ripe old age of 17. the world's oldest goldfish apparently lived to be 43, but in my world of childhood goldfish, fishy was the oldest and the best. goodbye, my friend! thank you for your devoted love and friendship to me and my whole family! we love you and miss you!





2 comments:

Raj C. said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Fishy defied the odds for a remarkable length of time and for that, we should all be inspired.

RIP FISHY

Unknown said...

awwwwww. I love when goldfish actually get to look all geriatric... I don't believe I have ever had one last over a week. sorry fr yr loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails